|Location||Fort Worth, Texas|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Requisition ID: 152661
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Foundations Co
Department: Construction Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
Live where you want, go where the work is! Travel on Per Diem + 10% Field Premium to go where the work is.
Projects located across the US. MUST be willing to travel.
• Manage and direct estimating teams through tendering and proposal stage;
• Manage and direct project construction teams by providing communication, coordination and follow-up to meet project goals and objectives; ensure project scope or work, schedule and budget are clearly defined and understood
• Establish project procedures consistent with contractual documents and quality plans for all engineering work; determine and oversee all project controls, schedules and budgets
• Serve as project representative with client, constructor, subcontractors, and vendors at kick-off meetings, job walks, project review, and other meetings and correspondence
• Coordinate training and compliance measures to ensure project procedures are followed
• Identify and secure necessary approvals for all changes in project scope, budget and/or schedule
• Maintain ongoing communication with client, making adjustments as necessary to comply with client needs within contractual obligations, or adjust project deliverables to meet client and Kiewit needs
• Ensure all work products are consistent with industry standards and in accordance with good engineering practice and applicable codes, and in compliance with all pertinent legal codes and requirements
• Provide ongoing training and mentoring to entry and midlevel engineers to promote employee development
• Utilize extensive knowledge of basic engineering fundamentals and practices to track and budget progress with project milestones
• Strong on-site presence and leadership will be required as each project demands require
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or Construction Management from a four-year college or university preferred
• 4+ years of related experience and/or training, specifically in the specialty foundation and/or geotechnical construction industry
• Experience working in a team setting and directing/reviewing the work of others
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
• The physical ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environmental conditions
• Ability and desire to travel to project sites.
• Professional Engineer License preferred but not essential
• Strong all-around knowledge of geotechnical engineering, ground improvement techniques, structural deep foundation methods, and support of excavation (SOE) operations.
As a Superintendent, you will play a significant part in the success of Kiewit Foundations Co. by directly managing the execution of field operations. We rely on Superintendents to set the highest expectations among their crew(s) for safety, quality, schedule, cost performance and team development. Every day you will bring your hands-on attitude to not only work on some of North Americas largest and unique projects but to also build builders who will continue to shape our infrastructure for generations to come. A strong technical and practical background in specialty foundations and geotechnical construction is required. Also, excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment are considered critical to this position.
Kiewit Foundations Co. is a full-service geotechnical foundation contractor operating across North America. Our experience and expertise cover a wide range of specialty foundation construction for both structural and ground improvement solutions. We operate in the transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, industrial, and oil, gas, and chemical markets. As part of Kiewit we are integrated with 135 years of construction and engineering experience that provides wholistic solutions to the industry that are unmatched. Our rapidly growing foundations business, which includes drilled shafts, micro pile, driven pile, augercast-in-place pile, full displacement pile, soil mixing, support of excavation, anchors, tie-backs, stone columns, and other geotechnical solutions is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit focused on delivering differentiated solutions.
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• FIELD ROLES ONLY May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
_We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that's among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off._
_We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law._