|Date Posted||November 10, 2022|
|Category|| Trades & Services |
|Job Type|| Permanent |
About Sea-Bird Scientific
A wholly owned subsidiary of Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR), Sea-Bird Scientific () is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. Sea-Bird Scientific is the world's largest developer and manufacturer of products for the measurement of salinity, temperature, pressure, dissolved oxygen, fluorescence, nutrients and related oceanographic parameters in marine waters. We offer products to support best-in-class oceanography and climate science. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented.
Working at Sea-Bird Scientific gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging stretch opportunities. Sea-Bird Scientific is proud to be one of Danaher's Water Quality companies. Through strong customer partnerships, the water platform advances the quality and delivery of water. Want to help us in this mission?
Purpose of Position:
Are you passionate about Electrical Engineering? Do you want to make an impact on our environment? We are seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our collaborative team to help troubleshoot, design and test devices.
Production Engineering provide support for several different devices that test the salt waters of the world, do ocean monitoring, and have light sensing devices that read the optical properties for the scientists that study the waters. You will have the opportunity to support the Production Lines and be a part of the design, test and maintenance of instrumentation and supporting fixturing!
- Lead design and commission of test fixtures
- Product maintenance and sustainment (firmware bug fixes, hardware improvements)
- Data driven problem solving (coordination with R&D/Science)
- Participates in risk assessment activities.
- Has facility in electronic design including schematic drawing, circuit simulation, printed circuit board layout and firmware coding.
- Participate in Kaizens and Problem Solving Process
- Support NPD to Operations Transitions: Drawing creation, Fixturing, and general operation readiness
- Coordinate with Materials and Compliance Teams to facilitate product POC conversion
Education, Background and Qualification Requirements:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or relevant field
- Experience testing electrical circuit boards
- Experience programming, testing and debugging embedded systems such as MSP430.
- Database interaction experience including SQL, preferred.
- MS in Electrical Engineering degree
- 1-2 years related experience in lean manufacturing or engineering environment
- Experience with source control practices. Subversion preferred.
- Experience with communication protocols including RS-232, RS-485 and USB, preferred.