|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Trades & Services
About American Health Communities (AHC)
American Health Communities, a division of Franklin, Tennessee-based American Health Partners Inc. operates 29 senior living, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers in Tennessee and Alabama. AHC specializes in caring for seniors by providing a full range of short-term and long-term healthcare in a home-like environment. For more information, visit .
This position is not paid by American Health Communities but will be contracted through the resident's family.
The Hair Stylist will provide appropriate services to residents as requested by the administrator.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
To perform this job, an individual must accomplish each essential function satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
• Provide services as requested
• Ensure beauty shop surfaces are disinfected between each resident
• Perform duties in accordance with COVID-19 Guidelines:
o Wear a surgical face mask at all times
o Residents must wear face mask at all times during the hair appointment, unless medically contraindicated
o Residents must maintain 6 feet social distancing within the beauty shop
o Perform hand hygiene before and after contact with each resident
o Resident shall perform hand hygiene upon entry to the beauty shop
o Remain in the salon area and avoid common areas of the facility
o Stage appointments to maintain distancing of at least six (6) feet apart
o Do not exceed fifty percent (50%) capacity
• Other duties as agreed upon
• Successful completion of background screening
• Successful completion of required training
• Handle priorities effectively
o Related experience strongly preferred
o Current state cosmetology licensure
• Audio-Visual: Hearing: Good
• Ability to lift to 15 pounds
• Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
• Work is typically performed in a beauty parlor environment; well-lit; comfortable temperature-controlled
• Above-average conversational noise is frequent
• Position may require flexible hours, unscheduled overtime or occasional week-end work
• Travel may be required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work safely and follow safety rules
• Report unsafe working conditions and behaviors
• Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our Organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic(s) protected by federal, state, and local laws. The Organization will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities should a request for an accommodation be made.