|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
T he Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We re a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. Our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
No matter the brand, we re united under one vision: To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally . Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we re transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion - and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen - there s only one thing to do: join our table and let s make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy & Collaboration
We're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level - from entry-level intern to senior leader - to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners - to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz - which we apply to every situation, every day. As part of Kraft Heinz, you're supported to grow and achieve. You re expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level - and you ll be rewarded. You re given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won t do it alone. You re supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.
The Project Engineer directs and coordinates exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration and completion of engineering project for the plant or within the area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- To ensure projects are completed on time within budget or with successful attainment of objectives.
- Completes specific phases or aspects of the project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans and product testing.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Provide functional and technical support to the factories to minimize production and maintenance problems.
- Apply engineering expertise to equipment design, problems solving, and quality improvement.
- Participate in committee or task forces where necessary to contribute to company goals.
- Support PRC and key support projects as technical advisor or project manager.
- In every activity, use the principles of TQM "To do the job right the first time". This includes establishing requirements and the process maps necessary to meet the customer s requirements and all things done right the first time.
- Promote TQM through actions and communications to all customers (internal and external), conformance to requirements, to provide quality products and services and provide technical solutions/leadership for the reduction in cost of quality.
- Development of project scope, justification, and factory/company impact.
- Appropriation preparation including cost estimates, savings, and timing plan.
- Development and management of cost controls, asset controls and scheduling controls.
- Hires and supervises various contractors in the scope of project manager. This may encompass all project areas and total up to 50 people dispersed among distinct trades.
- The incumbent must maintain a strong back-up source of technical files, vendors, and manufacturers, and engineering groups in order to respond to needs for new packaging methods or to identify technologies/equipment for application in the packaging area.
- Evaluate, plan and implement approved projects in he direction of Engineering, Project Review Committee and/or Management Board.
- Cost Reduction/Production Improvement; Participate actively in Company efforts to reduce operational costs and improve finished quality attributes. Develop projects where appropriate to initiate utilization of cost cutting/quality improving technique or equipment.
- Analyzing and preparing appropriation request for capital improvement and replacements of inefficient assets, collecting and organizing data for future capital improvements on a five year capital spending budget basis; maintaining and active cost reduction program.
- The incumbent must also possess a high level of human relation s skills to be able to efficiently interact with individuals from varying work disciplines and cultural backgrounds.
- Direct and compile capital budgeting; collect future capital project requirements from factory departments and compile into a final five-year capital budget. Control the currently fiscal year budget to ensure that the current factory needs are met as well s assuring that its needs are well positioned for the future.
- Analyze and prepare appropriation requests; prepares and financially analyzes all capital and expense appropriation requests. This includes new facilities and equipment for factory operating improvements, capacity increases and replacement of equipment.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited engineering school or related field is Strongly Prefered
- 3+ years of experience or full cycle Project Engineering experience.
- Strong background in mechanical and hydraulic systems, packaging methods, and materials, electronics and computer applications, and electrical systems.
- Strong communication skills are required for presentations to factory staffs on technical issues or specific project activity.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work to flexible schedule including days, afternoons, midnights, and overtime as needed.
Location(s) Muscatine Factory
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity