|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
When you join American Structurepoint, you gain more than a career. You become part of a family of talented, passionate, good-hearted people who take pride in going the extra mile for our clients. At American Structurepoint, we are known for making the impossible happen for clients across the world who want help building and bettering their communities. We live by our values- excellence, respect, integrity innovation, and social responsibility. We encourage our experts to try new things and explore new ideas that turn our client's dreams into reality, even if those ideas are unconventional. We invest in our people by offering excellent benefits and training, development, and mentorship opportunities that lead to a rewarding career path. If you are ready for more than a career , we invite you to explore opportunities to join our team and help us improve the quality of life for the communities we serve.
Group: Construction Solutions
Position: Project Engineer/Resident Project Representative
Location: Various Locations - Indiana
Position is responsible for providing owner s representative services through supervising individual transportation and utility infrastructure construction projects as well as management/leadership of other construction supervisors and inspection staff on multiple projects. Successful applicant must have significant transportation or utility infrastructure construction experience.
- Inspect construction work on transportation and utility infrastructure projects to document conformity to construction standards and specifications
- Complete and maintain records of field observations, including daily reports outlining the work performed, as well as field measurements and computations for the quantity of completed work eligible for payment
- Perform material sampling and testing on applicable materials such as soil sampling, compaction tests, concrete tests, etc.
- Assisting other project management staff with identifying problems and developing viable solutions for consideration
- Management/leadership of other construction supervisors and inspection staff on multiple projects
Willing to work in extreme temperatures as some work assignments are outdoors. Applicant must have the ability to perform physical activities such as lifting, dragging, stooping, standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Associates degree, or greater, in related field of study or equivalent of 1+ years of experience through construction and/or inspection services
- Basic knowledge or ability to gain working knowledge of quality requirements for construction materials
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans, specifications, and standards
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Previous INDOT, KYTC, or local agency construction inspection experience is preferred
- INDOT Certified Technician, Qualified Technician, and SiteManager Certified are preferred
- Valid Driver s License