Title: Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Job ID: 18-00484
Location: Troy, MI
Base Compensation: Open and Highly Competitive
Additional Benefits: Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401(k) matching, company paid holidays and more!
Type of hire: Direct
Lead Electrical Design Engineer is responsible for working with internal and external customers and suppliers to develop application-specific controls for sunroof motors/systems, parameterization of sunroof motors and systems, using the Product Development Process to manage new and existing programs, and collaborating with customers and suppliers to provide the highest quality sunroof systems to the customer.
- Design and develops new concepts and products in accordance with PDP & business strategy.
- Lead motor and electronics activities with Product Development Teams.
- Develop conformity matrices and validation plans from customer specifications.
- Provide technical leadership to customers, manufacturing, Sales, Quality Assurance, Program Management, and other groups within the company.
- Lead/Conduct design and gate reviews.
- Lead FMVSS118 S5 system integration and presentations to customers.
- Lead design of interface circuits, switch boxes and custom harnesses for in-house testing.
- Software parameterization & development for system validation testing of sunroof and power closure products.
- Lead/Conduct HW design and WCCA reviews
- Lead/Conduct SW design reviews, including cybersecurity & functional safety with customers.
- Ensure root-cause for roof & closure system functionality issues in a timely manner using engineering tools and processes.
- Provide test lab support with Vector tools for CAN & LIN systems.
- Focus on exceeding customer expectations.
- Lead Electrical Engineering activities of new business quotation process.
- Ability to travel to support plant launches (25% both domestically and internationally).
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- 5+ years' hands-on Electrical Engineering experience in automotive industry or equivalent (Sunroof experience preferred.)
- Thorough knowledge of DC motor control
- Thorough knowledge of engineering practices (PDP, DOE, FMEA, statistical analysis, etc.)
- Electrical schematic diagram design experience
- A clear understanding of how system mechanics influence electronic controls
We are proud to say we were founded in Michigan, we re headquartered in Michigan and we re staying in Michigan. GTA remains focused on honesty, integrity and professionalism as the building blocks of its continued success in an ever-changing industry. Our firm acts in a timely, professional manner in all of its interactions with customers and candidates.