|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
We are currently seeking Senior Bridge Inspectors for the Transportation-Construction Management Practice in the Savannah, GA area.
As a Senior Bridge Inspector, you will monitor the contractor's on-site construction activities and inspect materials to ensure compliance with plans, specifications, and special provision for the construction contract.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Maintain detailed records of the contractor's daily operations and events that affect the work, monitoring, and inspecting contractor's work zone traffic control plan as well as reviewing modifications to the plan.
- Perform sampling and testing of component materials and completed work in accordance with the construction contract
- Prepare and check engineering computations
- Inspect the construction work and conduct field tests
- Manage the team of inspectors (coordinate their schedules, etc.)
- HS Diploma
- Associate's degree is a plus
- 8+ years inspection or engineering experience (3+ years in roadway/bridge inspection)
- Experience as a CEI/CM Senior Inspector on Roadway and Bridge Construction Projects or prior roadway/bridge construction experience
- Passing scores on GDOT's Engineering Skills Development tests - Group 1 (Basic Highway Plan Reading, Basic Construction Surveying, and Basic Highway Math).
- Passing scores on GDOT's Engineering Skills Development tests - Group 2 (Asphalt Paving, Base Course Inspection, Excavation and Embankment, and Erosion Control).
- GDOT WECS.
- GDOT Field Concrete Technician Certification.
- GSWCC Level 1a (Erosion Control).
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
From managed toll lanes and long-range corridor plans, to complex segmental bridges, our teams are working in the field and in the office while providing the highest quality infrastructure and facility solutions. Each day, we partner with transportation agencies and local governments across the country to keep our communities moving. By joining our team, you too can provide unique expertise in the full life cycle of transportation delivery, and lead the evolution of transportation.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation's top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.