|Location||Circle Pines, Minnesota|
|Date Posted||September 24, 2022|
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address critical challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, productivity, global urbanization and energy. With approximately 129,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, Honeywell has an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything they make and do. Honeywell has been named a Top 100 Global Innovator for seven years in a row, recognizing the company's global reach of portfolio and invention influence.
In Kansas City, Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (FM&T) manages and operates the U.S. Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration's (NNSA) Kansas City National Security Campus. This state-of-the-art engineering, manufacturing and sourcing facility produces a wide array of intricate components to deliver trusted national security products and government services primarily for the NNSA. Honeywell FM&T's culture of integrity, commitment and continuous improvement enables them to deliver responsive, collaborative and innovative management and technology services and products that translate into cutting edge solutions to complex national security issues.
This position is located in Minneapolis, MN
Summary of Duties:
- Responsible for supporting suppliers at various locations throughout the US
- Ability to work in the field, as a Source Inspector, under minimal supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision making
- Liaison to suppliers to assure quality and reliability of purchased materials
- Perform complex electrical and/or mechanical inspections that may include but are not limited to: HiPot, Insulation Resistance, Contact Resistance on interconnects
- Operating complex computerized automated testers for inspection of Transmitters, Transponders, etc
- Operating various inspection equipment such as CMM, comparator, vision systems, hand tools, gages, electrical & leak testers
- Check supplier's work and progress to ensure conformance to specifications
- Plans, performs, and reports results of evaluations of operating practices in production, inspection, and supporting departments
- Evaluates accuracy and verifies implementation of reported corrective actions
- Maintains appropriate records, initiates various inputs for management summaries, and assures that survey history documentation is complete and maintained to meet applicable requirements
- Performs special evaluations, audits and appraisals as required
- Prepares reports and makes recommendations as appropriate
- May perform other duties as required
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment
- Takes actions necessary to ""stop"" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified.
- Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified
- Must be willing to travel 90% of the time
Remote roles can be located in any of the states where Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies, LLC is authorized to do business. Some roles, however, may have to be co-located with their teams in certain locations.
Honeywell Federal Manufacturing is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
You Must Have:
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy ""Q"" level security clearance
- Four (4) years of work experience in a mechanical and/or electrical engineering, manufacturing, or production
- environment as a Quality Inspector, Auditor, Machinists, or Quality Engineering role
- Current certification from Honeywell or other recognized professional organization (American Welding Society (AWS);
- American Society for Quality (ASQ); ISO-1000; IPC-600 and/or IPC-610; NDT or equivalent certification)
- In absence of current certifications, must demonstrate capability to attain certification
- Technical or Business associate degree
- Three (3) or more years' experience as a Field Quality Representative/Source Inspector
- Thorough knowledge of and the ability to interpret the facility's engineering, quality specifications and drawing requirements to suppliers
- Strong understanding and utilization of various computer equipment and software
- JOB ID: req344487
- Category: Procurement
- Location: Minneapolis,Minnesota,United States
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell FM&T Overview Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.