At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
*SPECIAL POSTING NOTES:
Sr Engineering Tech Specialist (SETS) – Transmission Engineering Design & Standards
General Description of Position:
1. The SETS will support LRE's & SME's to order long lead equipment, creating and modifying Contract Requisitions, and other related tasks for Transmission Engineering, Design, and Standards (TEDS) group. Included is processing and approving invoices for these requisitions. This also includes working with field resources on a day-to-day basis to resolve any material issues with utmost priority.
2. Review stock overhead and underground transmission stock materials to maintain a viable stock of useable materials, updated applicable material catalog numbers for each stock item, responding to obsolescence requests, and other associated tasks to ensure a viable and useable material stock.
3. As situation demands, the SETS may also act as an Engineering Technical Point of Contact for various BGE Transmission Projects, Programs, and Operational/Maintenance Support requiring the application of transmission engineering concepts.
4. This position requires working in a project team environment with other transmission & substation engineers, designers involved in the detailed electrical design, and project managers of transmission projects.
5. As a Sr Engineering Tech Specialist, you will take an active role in project conceptualization/feasibility, Preliminary Engineering, Detailed Engineering, Work Planning, Specifying / Ordering Appropriate Equipment, and Project Execution Support.
6. As the Sr Engineering Tech Specialist, you may be taking ownership of long-term transmission Programs by creating the charter, scoping the programs, creating high level schedule, getting appropriate approvals, and working with consultants and BGE stakeholders to execute.
7. Act as a Lead Responsible Engineer (LRE) and LOAD Ratings backup subject matter expert as situation demands.
8. Fill the Subject Matter Expert role as needed.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
1. At least 6 or more years’ experience in the design & engineering of transmission lines (100kV and above)
2. Ability and at least 6-8 years of experience in working with/as a designer/drafter in developing scope of the project, one-line diagram, location plan, plan and profiles, grounding layout, structure layout and framing, etc.
3. Awareness of NESC/ANSI/IEEE/NEMA codes and standards as they relate to Transmission engineering and design
4. Experience with permitting and land surveying
5. Experience with Excel’ s capabilities like Pivot tables and technical data analysis
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develops studies, plans, criteria, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, performance assessments, integrated systems analysis, cost estimates, budgets, associated with the planning, design, licensing, construction, operation, and maintenance of Exelon' electric generation, transmission, distribution, gas and telecommunication facilities/systems. Provides analytical support and consultation and recommendations to the Company within and to other business units and/or customers as a result of studying company or customer-owned systems, processes, equipment, vehicles or facilities. Reviews financial data for budget and actual costs of projects.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Leads and performs engineering assignments associated with critical engineering projects or a number of small projects with many complex features require extensive company experience.
- Performs assignments in areas where engineering precedents are incomplete, lacking or require broad experience.
- Evaluates, develops and implements projects that have significant financial and operational impact.
- May serve as an expert for organization in a specific area or responsibility.
- Performs assignments while acting independently, and may lead multi-discipline teams.
- Provides recommendations and implements action plans to improve performance and cost effectiveness.
- Participates in technical and industry societies and committees to enhance knowledge of new technologies or issues in areas of company interest.
- Bachelors degree in a technical field (non-engineer) (1) or equivalent relevant education / experience (See Section Below) (2) AND 6 or more years of field experience in engineering, construction, or applicable utility experience
- Ability to analyze and interpret electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem-solving approaches.
- Knowledge of construction, operations or engineering principles and practices.
- Broad knowledge and experience with regulations, guides, standards, codes, methods, and practices necessary to perform routine assignments for a specific discipline installations, or service.
--- Equivalent Relevant Education / Experience
- Associates degree in a technical field (1) AND 8 or more years of field experience in engineering, construction or applicable utility experience
- Non-degreed or non-technical degree- equivalent relevant education (2) AND 8 or more years relevant utility experience
- Clearly demonstrated team leadership abilities on critical projects.
- Provides technical assistance in support of others.
- Influence decisions that have a significant impact on the company.
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work environment and to enhance customer satisfaction
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster