|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Trades & Services
Supervisor, Facilities Maintenance
Location/Division Carlsbad, CA (60%) Sorrento Valley, San Diego, CA (40%) /Facilities/Engineering
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Thermo Fisher Scientific Carlsbad site is a multi-product and multi-client biopharmaceutical site with manufacturing facilities for pharmaceutical products for both (pre)clinical trials and commercial applications.
As part of the Science & Technology Team (STT) within the pharma services group, the newly established San Diego facility provides laboratory and office space that supports internal R&D projects and client-related activities.
The Maintenance Supervisor position will oversee the facilities maintenance, expansion, and soft services of a manufacturing site located in Carlsbad, CA and lab located in San Diego, CA. The position will provide support to the Facilities group whose goal is to effectively maintain all critical systems, ancillary systems, equipment and assets in good working order to ensure operational uptime and dependability. This position will provide oversight and direction to all maintenance staff, contractors and all related vendors while performing duties at the Carlsbad/San Diego sites.
What will you do?
• Manages 3rd party/vendor services, scheduling, and quality of work for the site and work towards becoming the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on those services (Pest Control, Landscaping, Cleanroom Cleaning, etc)
• Responsible for the overall maintenance, repair and various vendors at the San Diego/ Carlsbad Locations
• Act as a liaison between the landlord and site leadership on maintenance questions and repairs
• Travel between sites during the work week, Carlsbad (60%), San Diego (40%)
• Deviation Management - Working with quality and other departments for investigating and closing departmental deviations on time
• Comply and actively participate in all safety and environmental policies, procedures and programs
• Ensure KPI's set by upper management are met
• Ensure that all projects and maintenance tasks are performed according to current fire life and safety requirements
• Responsible for maintaining department work orders and completion rates
• Works closely with finance to meet financial departmental budgets
• Generates standard work plans/flows for Facilities functions and ensures execution of all required work streams
• Writes and edits facilities related standard operating procedures (SOPs)
• Actively promotes safety among the department team members and responsible for departmental adherence to plant safety metrics
• Works closely with site departments to execute projects and maintenance without impeding production
• Works with cross functional teams and site leadership to establishing capital equipment requisitions
How will you get here?
• Bachelor's Degree, Engineering or Business Preferred
• 5-6 years experience within a GXP compliant pharmaceutical / biotech manufacturing environment.
• 4-5 years of prior and recent supervisory experience
• Soft Services Management - Cleaning, Pest Control, Landscaping
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Industrial, Mechanical and Computer Systems
• CMMS Experience - One Maximo, Blue Mountain, etc...
• Mentors and Develops employee's
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong attention to detail
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Self-Starter/Work Independently
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to . In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.