Position Summary:The Warehouse Material Handler is responsible for receiving, storing, distributing material and products to all departments.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads production schedule, customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed.
- Distributes materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type or product code.
- Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms.
- Maintains proper FIFO (First in First Out) staging at all times to ensure all items are staged in the order in which they expire (Oldest to Newest).
- Processes and distributes requisitions, work orders, requests for materials, or other stock items to other departments.
- Labels materials with identifying information (item, description, lot, use-by-date and pallet tag number).
- Records amounts of materials or items received and/or distributed.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Maintains inventory records through proper labeling and storage of product.
- Performs weekly cycle counts.
- Completes daily forklift checklist within the first work hour of the shift.
- Cross trains in all duties and responsibilities of all nonexempt Warehouse positions.
- Suggests ways to control labor and supply costs as well as improve processes.
- Ensures that all work activities are performed with attention to the highest standards for quality, safety and compliance with all appropriate legal and food safety requirements and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ensures that all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are followed.
- Follows all company policies & procedures as well as the GMP's (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free work place.
- Reports any unsafe or hazardous work conditions or safety-related issues to Management.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- High School or GED required.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous stand up forklift experience is required for this position.
- A forklift certification is required from Nation Pizza and Foods within 48 hours of the start of their employment.
- Previous fork lift experience and experience with bar coding and automatic data collection would be helpful.
- Ability to work overtime, irregular hours or rotating shifts.
- Excellent organizational skills as well multi-tasking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with basic office equipment.
- Must understand numbers and apply basic statistics.
- Ability to compute by adding, subtracting and averaging numbers.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, correlate, and present data.
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills helpful.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of diverse individuals within the plant and corporate environments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment:While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job in the plant, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles. Employee may be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures that range from below zero (0) degrees Fahrenheit to over ninety (90) degrees Fahrenheit. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. While in the plant, the employee is required to utilize the required personal protective equipment.
The Warehouse Material Handler will report directly to the Warehouse Supervisor.